Job title Carpenter
Reports to Lead Carpenter
The carpenter role is an integral part of the CQC family. It is the foundation of all that we do. A carpenter is on the frontlines of fulfilling our mission of tangibly improving the lives of our customers. Carpenters perform the work to transform the houses of our customers.
Duties and responsibilities
• Jobsite Prep – prep and protect the jobsite prior to beginning job
• Jobsite Clean-up – keep jobsite clean throughout the duration of project
• Demo – remove existing walls, cabinets, plumbing and electrical as needed
• Framing – install non-load bearing walls and load bearing walls
• Trim, Caulking and Filling – install doors, windows, trim and finishing out work
• Punchlist – upon completion of job, ensure all small items are taken care of
• Job Logs – keep daily log of work performed
• Following Company Processes and Systems – ensure compliance on company processes
• High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
• Experience – 3+ years in home construction related field
• Mechanical Skills – ability to work with a variety of tools and machines.
• Math Skills - ability to measure materials to be cut and installed.
• Detail Oriented – ability to be very precise, measure distances and the size of items and an eye for detail
• Critical Thinking Skills – ability to problem solve when issues arise in a project and foresee them before they occur
• Communication – ability to communicate effectively with clients
Skill saw, Reciprocal saw, Multimaster, Battery operated drill and screw gun, Basic hand tools, Compressor with hose with Framing, 16-gauge, 18-gauge & 23-gauge guns, Jigsaw, Table saw, Chop saw & Personal work vehicle
Job requires the physical strength to lift and wield heavy tools and materials, including lumber. Physical stamina is also required with most jobs require standing, climbing, lifting objects, and/or bending down for long periods at a time.